Holiday Blues

photo by sara b. healy

You are not accidental. Existence needs you. Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it. That’s what gives you dignity, that the whole existence will miss you. The stars and sun and moon, the trees and birds and earth – everything in the universe will feel a small place is vacant which cannot be filled by anybody except you. OSHO

This is one of my favorite quotes. I put it up today because, for some, the holidays will not be joyful and happy. I don’t mean to be a spoil sport, but the reality is this holiday season…

Some of us will feel lost.
Some of us will be alone.
Some of us will feel sad.
Some of us will be forgotten.

Take a few minutes to read this message again.

“You are not accidental. Existence needs you. Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it.” ~ OSHO

Absorb these words into your heart.
Remember them.
Repeat them.
And don’t forget to…

Share them.

In the hectic days of the holidays, take time to notice people around you. When you come across someone who’s not in the “holiday spirit” or who seems kind of sad, overworked, or just lonely, give them the gift of these words. Remind them of how essential they are to you, to the world, and to the Universe.

Let these powerful words light a warming fire in someone’s soul this holiday season:~)

2011 Thank You

Thank you to all of you who visited A Sharing Connection this year. Whether you left a comment or stopped by briefly, you are very much appreciated!

Also, I want to thank the people whose words of wisdom helped me this year. Through your comments and your posts, I have gained so much from what you’ve shared with me.

The blogosphere is such a unique space. It allows us the freedom to test our creativity, to express our points of view, and to share our commonalities. I look forward to continuing to share this space with you in 2012.

I wish you all a very happy NEW YEAR.

13 comments on “Holiday Blues

1. Madeleine says:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Sara.
    I gave you an honorary mention on my haiku blog post (weds)

It’s been lovely getting to know you this year and I wish you a Happy New Year, too. And certainly – it is a difficult time of year for a lot of people. My sister hosts Christmas for her family and mom and me and she sounds frenetic in her preparations and all she has to do before the big day. I encouraged her to take away one elaborate family dish that we usually have for Christmas dinner – she said, “But we have to have this for Christmas!!!” I assured her that we really didn’t, but I expect we will have it anyway. 🙂

Sara, your quote brought tears to my eyes, realizing how precious we all are. I know that everyone who has gone on, parents, friends, my dear art teacher and his wife who I miss every day, nothing and nobody can fill the space they left here on earth, though I try to perpetuate Morton Traylor’s love for art and teaching it. Thank you for bringing all of your followers together with all of our wonderful and unique points of view, our likes and dislikes, our similarities and differences and our special talents! And thank you for, at times, challenging us to dig deep into our creative selves and bring forth something that is ours alone. I am so glad you are an on-line presence and friend! Thank you for being YOU, wonderful Sara! 🙂 See you in the New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sara!! Thanks for sharing your insight and perspective. 😉
    That photo was accidental on my blog. I almost deleted it, I’m glad I didn’t. Thanks so much for visiting and your encouragement. 🙂
    You may not know this, but, I opened an Etsy store like you suggested. I wrote about it here: http://geepeace.blogspot.com/search?q=etsy
    I haven’t sold any photos yet, buy my camera business is booming. Thanks for the nudge my friend!!

5. Belinda says:

Hello Sara! I recognize this gorgeous picture from my calendar that you so beautifully made last year!

Thank you for all that you’ve shared here throughout the years and for your beautiful comments that you’ve so generously left on my blog. I appreciate you more than you know.

xoxo
    Belinda

So I guess I am the only person that looked at the picture and thought “OMG it’s Angry Birds!”

I don’t know what OSHO is but it sure sounds like a line straight out of “It’s a Wonderful Life”, which they rerun year after year around this time, but I never bothered to watch.

Sometimes, people aren’t asking for much, just your acknowledgement. It does make a difference.

7. susan says:

HUGE Holiday Hugs to you, Sara! And thank YOU for all your inspiration and challenges to make me think! It’s all good! 🙂
    Love ya bunches
    SuZen

Sara, thank you for sharing this with us. It is very fitting this holiday season. I re-sent my email to you.

Sara, this is a beautiful thought provoking post.
    I would like to repeat what all of the others have said. Thank you so much for your friendship this year. Your encouraging comments, your thoughtful insights, and your friendship is something that has made this year very special. I am so glad that we met through this crazy online world.
    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season filled with many special moments and that you enjoy each and every one of them.

PS. I didn’t finish writing my book. I just finished reading a book for an online book club. But maybe next year. When I do I know you will be there celebrating with me.

The cardinal is lovely, Sara! Fabulous shot.

Thank you for your part in making 2011 special and I can’t wait to see what 2012 holds for us all!

Wishing you joy~

11. Caity says:

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Sara! Beautiful cardinal. What a great bird they are. A lovely message in this post too – to remember to spread the joy and cheer especially to those who need it most. <3

Hi Sara .. I hope you’re having a few days of less freneticism now your family has mostly returned to their homes .. so pleased you were able to get the early Christmas in ..

Have a lovely week as we rather faster than we need speed towards 2012 ..

Care and compassion towards others at all times .. I love the quote and that photo of the Cardinal .. Christmas thoughts – and cheers to you for a very happy 2012 .. Hilary

13. Liz says:

You usually read/comment my blog, but it’s about 2250 words of pure personal reflecting of my year last year and of my life, so I’ll understand it if you do not.

Your quote is awesome, and I really like it. It truly makes me feel slightly better right now — especially the first two lines of it. Too bad I didn’t have that years ago when I needed it most, right? 😛

I’m really quite thankful that you have this website. It has helped me to mature and grow up a little more as well — especially when I need(ed) to reflect or something. Blah. I don’t know if I’m making any sense or not. D: