Beach Time

Beach-Time-PicAs it’s getting closer to beach time, I thought I’d share this picture with you to remind you it’s almost time to dig your toes into the sand and dance in the waves, or imagine doing this:~)

Story Photo Challenge

Your challenge today is to choose one or more questions to answer about the above beach chairs. Remember you don’t have to answer them ALL. Just pick the one or two that tickle your fancy.

1. Imagine you’re relaxing in one of these chairs, which one will you pick and why? (use the towel color to select the chair — green or orange)
  2. What beach are you at? Keep in mind it can be anywhere in the world…with a beach, of course!
  3. Who will be sitting in the chair next to you? Again, this can be anyone:~)
  4. What question do you ask the person next to you?
  5. How does the person reply?

Extra Credit Challenge

Write a dialogue between the people in the chairs.

18 comments on “Beach Time

Hi Sara, you definitely got my attention with the beach scene. Green is my favorite color, so that’s my seat. The beach is Madeira, and hubby is sitting the chair next to me. There is a soft breeze and the sun glistens on the water. As we watch a fish jump, he asks “so, what’s for dinner”? Me: “Seafood”!

This is SO relazing (I love the typo so I am leaving it), Sara! I am not in any beach chair —–I am out walking miles and miles on the beach and dipping into the waves when I get too hot! And of course, along the way, my friend and me—-that friend MIGHT be YOU —-stop and get some yummy food and have a pee break—I am old and that IS important:) Are you up for a long beach walk with me, Sara? 🙂

@ Jean — I’m ever so glad you added the pee break in there. I agree with you…I’m at the same place regarding age…we have to plan ahead:~)

Anytime you want to take a long beach walk, I’m ready!

Beach time! With our continuing 45 degree days, it seems like it would be a dream come true!

If I were sitting in one of those chairs (I’d take either as they both look inviting), I’d want the person beside me to be a good enough friend to know that sometimes conversation doesn’t have to extend beyond, “You need sunscreen? You good for a cold drink?” and then you get to sit and enjoy the sound of crashing waves and the cries of the gulls. 🙂

@ Talon — Oh, I know. I watch the weather and you don’t seem to get a SPRING break. OMG it’s so cold up north, but summer will come. It always does.

You are so right about conversation…the best kind of friends can sit in silence with each and have the wonderful conversations:~)

I’d be in the green chair. She To Whom I Am Slavishly Devoted (STWIASD) would be in the other. I would say, “Do ya love me, baby?” She would say, “Well, hell yeah.” After that it wouldn’t matter what beach it is!

5. janice says:

I’d be in the chair that’s slightly more upright, looking at the sea – I’m not much of a laid back sunbather. My husband would be next to me, startled, asking “How the hell did we get here?” “Sara,” I’d say, “She does that.”

If I were really at the beach right now, in Scotland I’d be wearing a waterproof, scarf and hat and the sea would be as grey as troubled thoughts and rain clouds. If I was at my favourite beach, in Greece, where I used to live and still have loved ones, I’d be wandering around at the water’s edge, picking up turquoise green stones shaped like hearts as the water lapped around my ankles. It’s not warm enough for me to swim there yet, but I could walk around without a coat, feel the warm sun on my nose, smell the suntan cream and the sea breeze and the distant smell of souvlaki sizzling on a grill somewhere.

@ Janice — You need to come and visit Florida. Well, I guess in Greece you didn’t the the waterproof jacket, scarf and hat, either did you. Then again, Scotland is a place I really want to visit. I’m hoping the next time we go over the big pond to visit my daughter in England, we’ll take a trip there.

I have enjoyed your recent posts very much. I know some of them are recycled, but they are worth it! I really like the one about FLIRTing:~)

6. Liz says:

I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve been on your blog and left anything. D; I’ve been reading it, I just lacked anything to say. Words haven’t been my friend lately.

The chair with the green towel seems brighter — though that’s merely an illusion given by the contrast of light and color of nature and the towel — thus more comforting and relaxing.
    Galveston… it plays a huge part in my childhood.
    Who will be sitting in the chair next to you? Again, this can be anyone:~)
    My cousin Shane, because we’re closer than siblings (or like siblings, assuming siblings are closer than I am with mine or others I know are with theirs), or Bill Skarsgard, my new (and first… weird, right?) celebrity crush that I stumbled into whilst watching Hemlock Grove.
    What question do you ask the person next to you?
    “Will you pass me that water bottle over there? … Thanks.”
    How does the person reply?
    They simply do what I ask, of course. 😉

@ Liz — That’s okay about visiting. I don’t mind. You are very brave person and I’m proud of the way you’re learning to live your life. Stay strong. It will get better and better and better. Trust me on this.

I like this: “They simply do what I ask, of course:~)” They ought to what you asked. I’ll be visiting soon!

7. Patricia says:

Sara,
    I am definitely with Kim/Talon on this one – beach time is just sacred space to me. I do take a book with me everywhere…but at the beach I can achieve the deepest meditations of my life by just relaxing into the waves, the sound, the flow

I would pick the chair with the umbrella or sunshade as I become a crispy critter in about 20 minutes even with sunscreen and a hat!

It was a surprising 91′ here yesterday – today back to cloudy 50s with next 5 days heavy rain. I get all my motion needs taken care of on these days. I often don’t even want to walk the beach – it is the waves, wind, and sound of silence I love

I’m ready let’s go…

@ Patricia — I feel the same way about the beach. For me, it is the calming place I know. Sunscreen is very important at the beach. We’ve warmed quite a bit, as well, but the mornings are still nice enough to sit outside.

Oh, I love your review of The Garden Plot so much, I ordered the kindle book:~)

I love the blue and green towel chair. I’d want that to be in the early morning, with a light breeze blowing and just enjoying the sound of the water and imagining what would be beyond that beautiful water.

@ Lynn — I’m not a big fan of early morning, but I agree with you that it is one of the best times to be at the beach.

Hmmm, I’d pick the left chair. I like the colors. Fiji maybe, I’ve never been there and it sounds like it would be right up my alley. I’d fancy it alone. I’m ready for some me time and quiet. My guys could come Laing on day 2 or 3! ????

@ Gerri — I hope you get some quiet and alone time soon. I understand how important this can be:~) Maybe it’s time for guy trip — send them off camping while you go stay at a nice spa place on the beach!