SPC: I’m Stuck and I Can’t Get Out!

I-am-stuck_480

Okay, I’m weird. I have this fascination with wood knots. I always see things in them.

This one is a perfect example and is today’s story photo challenge for you.

1) Who is this creature?

2) How did he or she get stuck in the wood?

3) What’s YOUR plan to help this little creature escape?

As always, have fun with this story photo challenge:~)

18 comments on “SPC: I’m Stuck and I Can’t Get Out!

It’s an actor. He got fired from “Pine Tree Lane”, a daytime drama about the ups and downs of a family of snow cone millionaires living in Michigan’s upper peninsula, because of his “wooden” acting. (groan!) He went a little bit cracked, and had to start wearing dark glasses all the time to hide his furious addiction to jumble word puzzles. So sad.

@ Fireblossom — LOL What can I say? You play this game so well and I always get a chuckle at what your imagination sees in a picture!

2. janice says:

I see an ET elf cat wearing glasses and looking startled because he’s just realised he hasn’t got a mouth! Thank goodness you’re not a therapist! 😉

@ Janice — A mouth would definitely be helpful unless he uses osmosis to eat. I don’t ever make judgements about what people see in the pictures. Plus, the wilder the answer, the more fun I have:~)

He makes me think of the man in the painting, The Scream. It was the next step – from the painting to be embedded in wood forever.

@ Lynn — Good answer and I can see this. I’m not sure which I would prefer — painting or wood…maybe neither!

My first thought is that he is a space alien that crash landed into a tree. The tree grew around him, encasing him within. When the tree was cut down and sawed in two, there was the alien, sort of like a fossil.

Hope you are well and not sweltering too badly. It’s really hot here.

@ Linda — Poor little alien. It was bad luck to land in a tree. Your interpretation kind of fits his look or surprise or shock:~)

It’s hot here, as well, but then it always is in summer. We are getting storms. I had a pine tree that was hit with wind shear. It blew off the entire top of the tree and sent it quite a ways into my neighbor’s yard!

Well he is one of the aliens who visited earth a really long time ago and wanted to remain incognito on earth to see how life was faring. He is a repository of all of the earth’s history, recording it all with his very special eyes. When his fellow aliens (who live for thousands of years but only reproduce once every 5 thousand years to keep their planet from over-populating) return for him. the question they will ask him is ” Should we help these humans save themselves and the earth, or should we just let them destroy everything and let life start all over?” The answer will lie in all of the things the little alien who has disguised himself as a tree will show them through his magical eyes. Nobody really knows how any of this will turn out! :). And the little alien is not saying, because he has no mouth! 🙂

Heh, that reminds me of one of those creatures from “Spirited Away” — a lushly beautiful if somewhat disturbing film. It would be the creature that swallows all of these people and things whole and then spits them out.

@ Chris — I didn’t see that film and it sounds like a good thing for me. Hey, when is the second coming of Steve’s Quest. I’m look forward to it:~)

7. Patricia says:

I thought of a slug with a dwarf’s hat and glasses – nez pierce (?) at first and then it made me think of Thoreau’s beautiful piece from I think Walden Pond about the very old plank table in his house and with the warmth of the wood stove in his winter cabin the “worm” makes his way out of the ancient table and reviews a calming wisdom to Thoreau. Now I must go look it up.
    What a neat picture

@ Patricia — I had to check out the glasses. They are actually called Pince-nez, but you were so close and you are RIGHT. I can see that image of slug wearing those glasses!

I love knots too. That images they create can be so mesmerizing…

@ Gerri — I know it’s fun to study wood knots and they do create some amazing images. BTW your photography is just getting better and better. I love how you use the older cameras and create such beautiful shots:~)

Hi Sara .. I think of a cat with glasses … who’s been covered with a catastropic flood, which has been scraped away by a glacier and enclosed by seas over time … forever keeping her entwined in a crust …

I’d be a fossil hunter finding her again .. guess what I’ve been reading about!! Wonderful knot though .. I’d have said she has a mouth – a pout .. her nose is under her eyes a pointy V ..

But the Scream is an interesting thought .. fun to think about .. cheers Hilary

@ Hilary — LOL You are so funny. I love how you described this image and yes, I can definitely seeing you being a fossil hunter…well, you are already digging up wonderful stories about history. I loved the post about D-Day Remembrances and how you did it as an A-Z. VERY CLEVER and so interesting:~)