The Lizard MeMe Challenge

the-Lizard_600Let’s keep this simple today. This is a picture I took of a lizard at the beach. He has a real cheeky expression doesn’t he?

The Lizard’s MeMe Challenge

This challenge is a “meme” blog challenge for the lizard, but you get to help him with it.

Aren’t you lucky? Seriously, have fun with this!

You don’t have to answer ALL the questions. Just let me know which ones you select.

So, how would the lizard respond to these “memes.”

1. Who’s your favorite rock star?
  2. What was your nickname when you were a little lizard?
  3. In the last year, what was the scariest thing you experienced?
  4. Who made you angry recently?
  5. What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you ?

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~ Maya Angelou

16 comments on “The Lizard MeMe Challenge

1. jc says:

#4 My old roommate Fred made me real angry. I auditioned for the Geico insurance spokesperson job and got a call back that I should come back for another interview but Fred didn’t tell me and went in and got the job. He’s now living in Beverly Hills and I’m sleeping on this darn beach! He doesn’t even return my calls that cold blooded lizard!

1. Jim Morrison, of course. (“The Lizard King”)

2. Reddy Killowat, because i ate a christmas bulb.

3. snow!

4. Lizard Lick Towing. They took my ride!

5. I tried to sing “Karma Chameleon” at the karaoke club.

@ Fireblossom — Okay, this is why I keep doing these challenges. I laughed at every answer you gave:~) I especially like the singing of “Karma Chameleon.”

Thanks for being the lizard and doing this “meme.”

Hi Sara – #1 Freddie Mercury – for some reason!
    #2 Twinkleberry
    #3 …. old age must make me less scared?!
    #4 People not thinking – that happens often; .. and BBC being so biased at times;
    #5 I’d hate to tell you .. if I could think of the worst!

Cheers – poor old JC – glad you’re around with him on his darn beach!! Hilary

@ Hilary — Okay, now the next time I do something like this, I am going to add the words “and tell me why.” Although the look in this lizard’s eye…well, I can see why Freddie Mercury might be the right choice:~)

#4 is so true, like someone taking his picture when he was in the process of changing from green to brown.

LOL about JC…Hey, I hope you’re doing okay. I was sorry to read about your blogging friend. I know she will be missed.

Well, my real name is Izard the Lizard so, naturally, I was called “Izzy” as a kid—–still am! And I got really mad when my rich and famous cousin, who JC referred to above, beat me out on the delicious-looking bug that was flying overhead a few days ago! Can’t he let someone else have a shot at, at least, a descent lunch??? I guess his side of the family got the longest and fastest tongues AND they will do anything for success. 🙁
    I was totally embarrassed when a crab (remember, I am on a beach most of the time) grabbed my tail and it came right off! Everyone was gasping and pointing and wondering OUT LOUD if it was going to grow back! Yes OF COURSE it will, but first I have to live with this exhibitionistic wide open Southern exposure—-no privacy at all till it does grow back.

Well, that is all you need to know from me right now. I have already stayed out too long—–going under that shell over there!

@ Jean — You couldn’t resist the rhyme, could you:~) LOL the part about losing the tail…I have this problem with Aggie and lizards. She manages to get them, but usually by the tail, which immediately drops off…the lizard takes off and Aggie left with the wiggling tail. Thank Goodness!

As usual, you made me giggle through your reply. I love your sense of humor!!!

Who’s your favorite rock star?
    Don’t have one. I do have a favorite rock, though!

What was your nickname when you were a little lizard?
    Lizzie?

@ Kelvin — Well, that’s a great reply coming from the lizard about the rock. Very clever you:~)

I imagine Lizzie would be a good nickname.

1. Who’s your favorite rock star?
    Jon Bon Jovi

2. What was your nickname when you were a little lizard?
    Lizzie, but don’t tell anyone.

3. In the last year, what was the scariest thing you experienced?
    Some woman came up to me and pointed a metal object at me. I tried to turn into the color of the tree, but it didn’t work.

4. Who made you angry recently?
    My friend Marvin. He nabbed the last cricket at dinner.

5. What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you ?
    Define “embarrassing???” 🙂

@ Lynn — Loved all your answer for this lizard’s meme. I laughed at #3. I wondered if someone would comment about that. It’s true he wasn’t happy with me and scuttled off quickly.

But my favorite was #5…that’s priceless and true.

Ha! Kevin and I both picked Lizzie as a nickname. 🙂

@ Lynn — Well, that’s because it is a good nickname for a lizard. It’s funny I think of Lizzie being a girl, but, in my crazy mind, this lizard was a boy. Now, I don’t have clue how one tells the sex of a lizard, but for me he was a he.

Wow. I did research and learned I didn’t know. First of all, lizard can have virgin births. In addition, in Australia there is a lizard that can change its sex in the egg due to heat. Check it out sometime, by going to this National Geographic article.

8. patricia says:

Just about fell off the earth the last few weeks with a post antibiotic infection from my last jaw surgery. Coming back to life with naps these days and still reading.

One of my next book reviews is a book of women’s erotic poetry – fairly amazing word play – I am not sure what to write about it – but after listening to 25 of the 77 poems I came to your post and I just laughed and laughed I realized I was so relieved to read the responses everyone had.
    As far as I could get today – “Your tongue’s touch!” Laughing some more….Think I need to go do something else for awhile 🙂
    great pictures and capture of the subject!

@ Patricia — I am glad you are on the mend. Also, it’s nice that coming to the post made you laugh.

Have fun with the women’s erotic poetry:~) I’ll be interested in seeing this review for sure!