The Vampire Slayer

what-sharp-teeth-I-have

Aggie’s Halloween Poem

Old Drac’s got nothing on sweet little ole me!
Even if he could climb this carpeted tree,
These sharp fangs will make him quake
Much more than that wooden stake.

It’s Your Turn…

If you celebrate Halloween, what’s your favorite memory?

Read-All-About-It_1Bloggers in the news! Read All About It!

Kim Talon just had her first book, Strings and Bones, published. Check it out here and read the sample. I did and now I can’t wait to get my book!

Also, one of my favorite book reviewers, Patricia of Patricia’s Wisdom will be putting up a review of Kim’s book on Friday.

I’m also a bit late on announcing that….

Linda, Roses to Rainbows, has redone her site. Check it out.

Chris Edgar released Part 2 of his animated musical, Steve’s Quest. The video is fun to watch:~)

16 comments on “The Vampire Slayer

Drac gets totally owned by Aggie!

Wow, Aggie’s got some fangs! Rosie had some big fangs, too.

My favorite Halloween memory is Mom making me a hand painted trick or treat bag, which I still have. I posted on that a few years ago.

@ Linda — “The better to eat my my crunchy kibbles!” Aw…just thinking about Rosy makes me miss him. Every time I see your avatar, I think of him:~)

The hand-painted trick or treat bag is worth mentioning again…that’s so nice. We just store bags!

Oops, I clicked before I was finished.

Thank you for the shout out about my blog re-design! I was long overdue a makeover.

@ Linda — I couldn’t believe when I searched back through my posts and realized I hadn’t mentioned the “update.” You did such a good job with and I know how hard you worked on it. It deserved the “shout out.”

I love Linda’s new blog look, Sara. And I’ll have to watch Steve’s video.

Thank you so much for mentioning “Strings and Bones”. I can’t wait to hear what you think of it!

Oh, Aggie! Those are some serious fangs. Old Dracula has got to be mighty jealous seeing your pearly whites!

Favorite Hallowe’en memory is when my two older brothers went trick or treating for me one year when I was down with the flu. I was nine and it was devastating not to be out trick or treating. They brought back pillow cases full of treats…enough to go through right until the new year. 🙂

@ Talon — No problem about the mention. I have read your book and loved it. I would recommend to anyone. I fell in love with your characters. I hoping there will be more Kizzie stories in the future:~)

What a bummer getting sick on Halloween, but it sounds like your brothers were nice…not all brothers would do that:~)

I forgot to add how honored I am that Patricia reviewed my book. I always enjoy her thoughtful, insightful reviews so much.

My favorite Halloween memories are of making little witches and pumpkins with many different expressions and black cats with their backs up, bats, many moons, witch faces with warty bent noses, witches on brooms, and of course, many different ghosts. I would color and cut these out and tape them onto the storm door and windows of the house. Started making them in July!!! 🙂
    Here are a few Halloween haiku:

#1
    Halloween tonight,
    children hiding behind masks….
    ancient ones watching.

#2
    Pumpkins with faces
    carved to keep away evil,
    fire in their eyes.

#3
    Clouds pushed by cold wind
    help the sun play peek-a-boo
    on Halloween day.

Happy Halloween, Ya’ll!

@ Jean — As always, you grace my site with your wonderful poetry. I love you started your Halloween decorations in July:~) Keep me posted on your news, okay!

Hi Sara – we don’t do Halloween … we wait til we can burn the House of Parliament down six days later!! Aggie’s fangs are pretty amazing and that photo of her throat .. just glad I can’t see a tail or bloody mess disappearing down her little red lane – but that would bespoil her carpeted tree …

Congratulations to authors, book reviewers and people who have time to redo their blog site .. something I need to get done – cheers Hilary

@ Hilary — Yes, it is good you are unlikely to ever see a bloody mess with Aggie…maybe a lizard might lose it’s tail, but about it for her:~)

BTW I loved your Cluedo story. You did a wonderful job with it.

Hi Sara — glad you enjoyed the episode! Your cat is definitely a savage huntress. Would we unsuspecting humans cuddle with such creatures as much as we do if we saw what they do at night, if we allow them outside? My friend’s cat, for instance, used to like to bring him decapitated rats.

@ Chris — Thanks, but I meant what I said…it is a very good animated musical. I am impressed, but not surprised given your talents.

Yeah, cats are funny. They like to share their ‘kills’ with their people. On the other hand, history tells cats served a very significant health service by killing rats. We don’t think about it as much as we have so many other means to rid ourselves of vermin, but there was a time when a “mouser” was worth her weight in gold:~)

Aggie can’t do this, however, as she’s an inside cat. Lizards and bugs are mostly her victims and usually the lizard only loses its tail, which will grow back.